Information collection and use
Northern Care Alliance does not store or collect any personal information about site users. This information shall be treated as confidential. It may only be used for internal review and to contact you regarding any feedback.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
You can easily remove any cookies that have been created in the cookie folder of your browser. For example, if you are on Windows machine, here are the steps on how to use Windows Explorer to erase cookie files:
- Click on ‘Windows Explorer’
- Click on ‘Tools’
- Click on ‘Internet Options’
- Click on the ‘General’ tab
- Click on the ‘Delete’ button in the ‘Browsing History’ section
- Click on the ‘Delete Cookies’ button next to the ‘Cookies’ section
- Close when finished
- Click on the ‘Ok’ button to close
- Information Commissioners Office– As the independent arbiter of information rights, the Information Commissioner has been charged with regulating the new rules for websites aimed at UK consumers.
- org– More information about cookies, including how to manage or delete them.
- Directgov– Manage cookies yourself and learn more about them with this advice from Directgov
Notification of changes
Northern Care Alliance reserves the right to change the privacy statement without notice. It is the responsibility of users to check this privacy statement regularly.