The 2022 NHS Staff Survey Results Have Been Released! Please view the Northern Care Alliance Results here. Each autumn everyone who works in the...
The Health and Wellbeing Wheel is a tool to help a person identify the areas in their life that may be having an impact on their overall wellbeing. The headings are intended to be broad and can be interpreted in whatever way they are meaningful to the person. i.e. the section ‘Am I feeling happy and confident?’ may trigger a range of conversations around the things that make the person feel happy and confident or that are preventing the person form feeling this way.
How to use the NCA Wellbeing Wheel
- Enable: the person may wish to identify different descriptors to the 6 sections of the wheel. Areas that are important to them.
- Empower: let the person lead the conversation, so they are empowered and in control of the conversation.
- Invite: The person to think about each section. And take some time to go through each section.
- Score: You can see that the sections have notches along the sides; this is a scoring tool of 1-10. Ask the person to score the sections and identify where they feel they are currently.
- Identify: Then identify where the person would like to be – and score again – you will see the gap between where they are now and where they want to get to. You might want to put a timescale to this, i.e. in 6 months I would like to be here. (Don’t strive for 10 on each section – be realistic).
- Start: Ask the person which section is the most important and where would they like to start the conversation. What’s the biggest priority at this moment?
- Finally talk about what the goal is for that section and how that goal can be achieved
NCA Life Tree – Time to Change?
The Life Tree is a simple coaching tool and a powerful visual method to check how you are feeling on a day to day basis.
You can use the tree to see if you are starting to feel better as you progress from where you are now to where you would like to be. The tool can also identify if you need to reach out to someone or access further support.
What stands out for you and why? Where are you currently?
Where would you like to be?